Get rid of Yahoo search in Chrome
Greeting readers, My name is Jordan Lin, and I recently started working in a MNC.” Previously I used Yahoo and the experience wasn’t that good therefore I got rid of that search engine and in this article, I will share the steps that I followed to get rid of Yahoo search on Google Chrome.
Disable the Yahoo search engine
Disable the Yahoo search engine On Google Chrome by following the simple steps:
- In order to disable the Yahoo search, open Google Chrome on your personal computer or laptop. Go to the three dots available on the top right side of the screen. It is also referred to as Customize and control Google Chrome. Click on the “ Settings” option.
- Move down under the Search Engine section and select Google as your Default browser.
- Click on Manage search engines and type Yahoo in the search bar. After typing Yahoo at the search bar, you will find Yahoo’s URL. Click on dots present near to it and choose to Remove from List.
You have to now disable the Chrome extension
Why disable Chrome extensions?
Extensions do not auto-update. This will create an issue in Chrome. If you ignore removing the extensions now, it will not be easy to find the extensions that create the issue. You should disable all the extensions and enable them one by one when required.
For disabling the extension follow the steps that I used.
- Open Google Chrome on your Laptop or PC. Move to more tools options and click on Extensions.
- Disable all the extensions you see using the toggle option.
Note: The user can also use Ctrl + Shift + T to open Extensions.
The next move is to reset the Google Chrome
Why reset Google Chrome?
This process will help users to remove Yahoo Search from Chrome. I have followed the steps and the results went extremely successful. Those steps are listed below:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC or laptop; click on the settings.
- Move down to the bottom of the screen and choose Advanced.
- Scroll down to the last option that says “Restore settings to their original defaults.” Tap on restore settings.
From these steps, chrome will disable all the extensions, will reset the chrome and chrome shortcuts. This will also delete the temporary site data and cookies. Saved passwords, history, and bookmarks will not be affected.
Conclusion:- In this article, I have shared in detail my experience on how I got rid of yahoo search on google chrome and how I got rid of yahoo search on my mac. The steps specified above are applicable to every browser.
Log in to your profile and move to the Settings>Advanced. After that click on restore settings to the original defaults.
You have to uninstall McAfee from your personal computer. You have to download the McAfee removal tool and run the file on your computer. Move to the removal process and once it is done removing McAfee then restart your computer.
Follow the steps below to get rid of Yahoo redirect on Mac:
1. Tap on Safari and move to preferences.
2. Open the Extensions tab.
3. Choose the Yahoo extensions you want to get rid of and tap on the Uninstall button placed next to it.
4. Move to the general tab now.
5. Choose the preferred options for the Safari browser on start-up and that has to be different from the Yahoo search.
6. Move to the search tab.
7. Select the preferred search engine.